We offer a range of FREE legal services to people from culturally and linguistically diverse (CALD) communities (including migrants, refugees, asylum seekers, and temporary visa holders) living in NSW in relation to domestic violence issues.
We can offer FREE legal information, referrals or legal advice. In some cases, we can assist with legal representation. We can provide a free interpreter if needed.
We prioritise our services for people with barriers to accessing justice and accept referrals from legal services, community services and other non-legal programs.
We deliver FREE legal education sessions to the community. Some of the issues we cover will include, but are not limited to:
- AVO matters
- Divorce / separation
- Victim protection and support
- Parenting disputes
- Minor criminal charges
- Debt matters
- Physical / spiritual / psychological / sexual / technological abuse
- Forced marriage
For Service Providers
We offer FREE legal problem-spotting training to community and social workers which looks at:
- Identifying common legal problems that you are likely to encounter.
- What types of matters free legal services can assist with.
- Which free legal services are available in your area.
- How to make an effective referral to a free legal service.
We recognise that you know what works for your community and we welcome your input so our services can be tailored to your needs.