Welcome to Western Sydney Community Legal Centre Limited
Western Sydney Community Legal Centre Limited (WSCLC) is a public company limited by guarantee, governed by a Board of volunteer skills-based Directors who are generally local residents and professionals with an interest in social justice. WSCLC is accredited by the National Association of Community Legal Centres (NACLC).
WSCLC’s work operates under two separate arms: a legal arm and a social justice arm.
The legal arm incorporates:
1) The Community Legal Services Program (CLSP) team including an Aboriginal Legal Access Program (ALAP) team – operating broadly across Western Sydney and funded by Legal Aid NSW, the Commonwealth government and The Scully Fund.
2) The Home Building Advocacy Service (HOBAS) team – operating statewide and funded by NSW Fair Trading.
3) The Student Legal Services (SLS) team – operating within and funded by The University of Western Sydney.
The social justice arm incorporates:
1) The Western Sydney Tenants’ Service (WESTS) – operating within certain sections of Western Sydney and funded by NSW Fair Trading.
2) The Women’s Domestic Violence Court Advocacy Service (WDVCAS) – operating within certain sections of Western Sydney and funded by Legal Aid NSW.
3) The Children’s Court Assistance Scheme (CCAS) team – operating within The Children’s Court at Parramatta and Surry Hills, and funded by Legal Aid NSW.
4) The Youth Education Program (YEP) – operating in conjunction with the CCAS, and funded by NSW Family & Community Services (FACS).
5) The Central West Child Contact Service (CWCS) – operating within certain sections of Western Sydney and funded by the Department of Social Services.
For further information and contact details for each specific program listed above, please refer to the “Our Programs” section of this website.