Home Building Advocacy Serviceadmin2019-09-30T04:30:57+00:00
Home Building Advocacy Service
The Home Building Advocacy Service (HoBAS) is a state-wide specialist service that helps consumers who have problems with builders. HoBAS prioritises legal services to consumers experiencing barriers to access to justice.
HoBAS provides legal services for a range of building matters including:
• Contractual disputes
• Licensed and Unlicensed persons
• Cooling-off periods
• Non-compliance with formalities of contracts
• Breaches of statutory warranty
• Transfer of proceedings from courts to the Tribunal (NCAT)
• Uninsured works
• Preparation of evidence for the NCAT
• Representation in the NCAT
• Renewal of NCAT proceedings
• Enforcement of NCAT orders.
As part of a community legal centre, and in addition to legal advice and representation, HoBAS conducts Community Legal Education (CLE), and participates in Law Reform and Legal Policy work to both raise awareness of home building issues with consumers and inform policy-makers about broader home building issues.
HoBAS is funded to assist consumers throughout NSW with problems with their tradies or builders. HoBAS can’t help you if you a tradie, builder, owner-builder or developer.
The HoBAS team can be contacted on (02) 8833 0911.